Search Results For: Titus 1:5-9
- 1:5 I left you in Crete to finish the job we started. You need to appoint church leaders3 in every town I told you to target.
- 1:6 A church leader has to live a life that’s squeaky clean and above suspicion. He needs to be a one-woman man. His kids should be believers. And he shouldn’t have the reputation of a party animal with a rebel streak.
- 1:7 Likewise, a top church leader,4 who works for God, needs to be squeaky clean and above suspicion. Here’s what he shouldn’t be: snooty, bad-tempered, a drunk, violent, and the greedy minister’s version of a dirty cop.
- 1:8 Now here’s what he should be: hospitable, a huge fan of goodness, even-tempered, fair, devoted to God, and disciplined.
- 1:9 He needs to believe what he was taught. He needs to trust that message well enough to pass it on to others as a reliable teaching, and then to defend it against attackers.