Search Results For: Mark 8:14-21
- 8:14 The disciples forgot to bring bread with them when they got into the boat for the trip.2
- 8:15 As they sailed across the lake Jesus warned his disciples, “Keep your eyes open. You’ve got to watch out for the Pharisees and Herod, and for the yeast they produce that permeates everything.”
- 8:16 But all the disciples could talk about was the fact that no one brought bread.
- 8:17 Jesus knew what they were talking about. So he said, “Guys, come on, why are you talking about bread you don’t have? Don’t you get what’s going on? Are your heads really that thick?3
- 8:18 You have eyeballs, don’t you? Why can’t you see? You have ears, don’t you? Why can’t you hear?4 And one more thing, what happened to your memory?
- 8:19 Let me ask you guys something. When I fed 5,000 with five loaves of bread, how many baskets of leftovers did we have?” They said, “Twelve.”
- 8:20 When I fed the crowd of 4,000 with seven loaves of bread, how many baskets of leftovers did we have then?” They said, “Seven.”
- 8:21 Then Jesus said, “After all of this, you still don’t have any idea about what’s going on here?”