Creation, say thank you
- 1 Well, I say praise the Lord!1
Sky above, sing his praises.
- 2 Angels, sing along,
All choirs join together.
- 3 Sun and moon, sing that song.
Every twinkling star, sing along.
- 4 Praise him skies above.
Praise him clouds,
And every raindrop waiting to fall.
- 5 All of you,
Go ahead and right out loud,
Praise the Lord.
- 6 He made you to last forever,
and guaranteed you would.
All creatures great and small
- 7 Praise the LORD
All life on land,
To sea monsters of the deep,
- 8 Lightning, hail,
Snow and frost,
Windstorms blown on his command,
- 9 Hills and mountains,
Cedars and orchards,
- 10 Animals wild and cattle mild,
Crawling critters to soaring birds,
- 11 Kings and subjects,
Officials and judges,
- 12 Young adults, both men and women,
Children and seniors, too.
- 13 Praise the LORD for who he is:
More wonderful than anyone
In all of heaven and earth.
- 14 He gave his people back their mojo2
To honor Israel’s devotion,
And to express his deepest love.
Praise the LORD.
The Hebrew word is hallelujah, which is often translated as “praise the LORD” and can also be translated as “thank the LORD.”
Literally, “He lifted up a horn for his people.” In the Bible, “horn” is often a metaphor for power.