- Road trip song1
I’m in trouble
- 1 LORD, I’m in deep trouble,
Way over my head.
- 2 I’m asking you for help.
Please listen to my prayers.
I’m begging for mercy.
- 3 LORD, if you kept a list of our sins,
Who could talk their way out that?
- 4 But you reserve the right to forgive.
For that, you are highly respected.
Waiting for the Lord
- 5 I’m looking for the LORD.
I’m waiting for him to get here.
- 6 I want to see the LORD coming
More than the night shift security guard
Wants to see dawn.
More than the guard wants daylight.
- 7 Israel, wait for the LORD.
When he comes, he brings his incredible love,
And a desire to rescue his people.
- 8 He will rescue Israel
From the guilt of all her sins.
The subtitle wasn’t part of the original psalm. Psalms 120-134 are called songs of ascent, possibly because Jewish pilgrims sang these songs while traveling up into the Judean hills to celebrate a Jewish holiday in Jerusalem.