Good people are happier
- 1 Thank you, LORD.1
People who respect the LORD
And love the laws he gave them
Are happier for it.
- 2 Their descendants will be strong.
Any generation that chooses goodness
Will be happy they made that choice.
- 3 They will enjoy a rich life.
And the good they do with their lives
Will affect others for generations to come.
- 4 For those who live as good people,
And who are kind, compassionate, and God-loving,
There’s a light that will shine through the darkness.
- 5 Life goes most smoothly for a person
Kind and generous enough to lend.
People like that will generally get their way.
- 6 Good people will never slip and fall.
They will live on in memories of others.
- 7 Bad news won’t scare them.
They’ll stand their ground
And trust their LORD.
- 8 They’re solid and unafraid.
With joy, they’ll watch their enemies lose.
- 9 They’re generous to the poor.
The goodness they do will live forever.
They’ll get the honors they deserve.
- 10 Bad folks will see all this and hate it.
They’ll complain and then melt into the crowd.
Their wicked wishes won’t come true.
The Hebrew word is hallelujah, which is often translated as “praise the LORD.”